JKA KARATE EAST LOTHIAN and JKA KARATE DALGETY BAY
Privacy Notice, first published 20 April 2020.
Our contact details
Name: Bert Stewart
Address:JKA Karate Dalgety Bay, 82 East Way, Hillend Industrial Estate, Dalgety Bay, KY11 9JF.
Phone Number: 07863 135269
What type of information we have
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Details of your next of kin, supplied for health and safety purposes
- Details of responsible adults, for people under 18 and vulnerable adults
- Data collected by Google Analytics on your visits to our websites
- Data collected by the Wordfence cyber crime prevention tool. This tool is provided by Defiant, based in the USA, and so is outwith the EU.
How we get the information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To process a request to join our membership organisation
- To process a request from you for the supply of goods and services related to martial arts.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- For children under 18, we hold health information provided by a responsible adult. This information is held for health and safety reasons.
- For vulnerable adults, he hold health information provided by a responsible adult. This information is held for health and safety reasons.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Bert Stewart.
What we do with the information we have
We use the information that you have given us in order to supply you with martial arts instruction, supply you with martial arts supplies, and improve our websites so they better meet your needs.
We may share this information with the police or other agencies if required in the public interest.
How we store your information
Your information is securely stored in two databases, both of which are appropriately protected and administered.
We keep membership and goods requests for six years. We will then dispose your information by automated deletion mechanisms.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us through email to Bert Stewart (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113